Introduction about myself


Hi everyone, my name is Mayuko Chigira (May). I was born and raised in Tokyo, Japan. My home town is called Sendagi which is in oldtown and this place has relaxed atmosphere. I love my hometown. There are many shopping arcades to eat soul foods in Japan especially my favorite is Oden. Oden is a type of hot simmered dish in Japanese cuisine, oden involves a large number of various ingredients simmered in a soy-sauce broth made from a stock of kelp and dried bonito. So I often go to eat there with my family and old friends since I was child.  



Image result for tokyo


This is my city, Tokyo 



I am student and sophomore at ASU and my major is business tourism. Why I choose this major is that I think tourism is a worldwide industry, and the skills I learn at college are easily transferable.  I think a  career in tourism can literally open up the world for everyone, especially if you want to combine work with travel. Also, It’s creative. As well as being a people oriented industry, a great variety of tourism jobs require you to think on your feet and be creative. People who work in tourism have a crucial part to play, making sure that visitors have a fantastic experience and then go back home to spread the word. The second reason is  my wish to travel the world. I love travel!! Actually, I joined the travel circle which is to talk and discuss tourism problems with instructors and members at ASU. I met a lot of wonderful people from all around the world and made new friends. This community encourage me to have feeling of being a part of the community, part of the team which both in and out of the university.  I like watching movie, listening music and going to the gym. I have been into songs of 88 rising lately. 88rising which is the company has gained popularity as a musical platform and label primarily for Asian American and Asian artists who release music in the United States, such as Joji, Keith Ape, Rich Brian, and Niki. So if you are interested, please go listen to their songs!! 


This is the photo of my soul food, Oden











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coronavirus pandemic is an unprecedented crisis for the tourism economy

Impacts of COVID-19 on selected tourism industry branches 1

Impacts of COVID-19 on selected tourism industry branches 2